Following its annual conference earlier this month, the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) announced its new executive leadership for the coming program year.
Taking the helm as NASCIO president is James Weaver, North Carolina’s Secretary of Technology and CIO. Amanda Crawford, executive director and CIO of Texas, will be vice president.
Rounding out the executive committee leadership team is J.R. Sloan, Arizona’s CIO, who will serve as secretary/treasurer. Additionally, Chris Rein, chief technology officer of New Jersey, will be joining NASCIO’s Executive Committee as a new director.
Turning to the private sector, Paul Baltzell, vice president of Strategy and Business Development with Salesforce, will be NASCIO’s Corporate Leadership Council (CLC) chair. Stuart Davis, vice president and consulting expert with CGI Technologies and Solutions, will be CLC vice chair. The CLC chair and vice chair hold advisory, non-voting seats on NASCIO’s Executive Committee.
The full slate of NASCIO’s 2023-2024 Executive Committee leaders are:
- President: James Weaver
- Vice-President: Amanda Crawford
- Secretary/Treasurer: J.R. Sloan
- Past President: Stephanie Dedmon, CIO of Tennessee
- Executive Committee Directors: Tracy Barnes, CIO of Indiana; Katrina Flory, CIO and assistant director of Ohio; Alan Fuller, CIO of Utah; Denis Goulet, commissioner and CIO of New Hampshire; Chris Rein; Shawnzia Thomas, CIO of Georgia; Tarek Tomes, commissioner and CIO of Minnesota; and Trina Zanow, CIO of Wisconsin
- Ex officio: Paul Baltzell and Stuart Davis